Never much of an investigative reporter, I have even been scooped on my own anniversary.
I thought about a dozen ways to mark the occasion in a humorous way, including the following:
- a faux, black tie fundraiser, hosted by Bob Costas, headlined by Sheryl Crow, sponsored by Charmin toilet paper.
- a “What’s on My Mind” commentary in honor of JC Corcoran.
- a possible Canonical admonition and summons issued to me.
- a blogger-ordination ceremony at the Life Christian Church, with KCC, AMDG, Rome of the West, Lost Lambs and Quo Vadis in tow.
- “skulking in the back” of some loony left meeting or circle prayer, or reiki, or whatever it is they do, “looking for things to report to the Archbishop”.
- engaging in an interminable debate with one of my dissenter-readers about how everyone can be welcomed into the Catholic Church except those who agree with Catholic teaching.
Or many other such things. As it is, I’ll play it straight.
This isn’t the academy awards or anything, it’s just a blog. But I do want to use the occasion to thank many people.
First, Our Lady, under whose protection and guidance I submit myself and this blog.
My wife, my walking-around-conscience, for putting up with view of the back of my head at a computer far too often instead of engaging in conversation.
Wolftracker, of course, who goaded me into it in the first place, whose blog sets a high standard, and who is a good friend.
My wonderful spiritual director, whose name is withheld for his protection.
Archbishop Burke, whose leadership makes it easy to rally around, and whose steadfastness makes the rallying necessary. And I mean both of those as compliments. If even half of the Bishops were like him, we would be in great shape.
Pope Benedict, whose short time on the throne of Peter has brought so much good. If he never did anything but promulgate Summorum Pontificum, he would go down in history as one of the greatest Popes ever. Yet he continues to do more.
My friends and family, for everything.
The many sources who send me links, emails and messages keeping me up-to-date, so I can do the same for the readers. You know who you are, and you are appreciated. You deserve the credit you won’t take.
And most of all, those who take the time to read this stuff and to comment. Thank you. You are the best seven people I know.
Enough. I’m off to the St. Stan’s Board meeting.