- He rebuked the public support of pro-abortion Hillary Clinton by SLU coach Rick Majerus, and challenged the administration of the Jesuit university to properly discipline Majerus in a manner consistent with a Catholic institution of higher education. This challenge was ignored by Rev. Biondi.
- He took concrete steps to fulfill his pastoral duties with regard to the dissident parish of St. Cronan, taking action to discipline Sister Louise Lears for her involvement in counseling the unfortunate “womenpriests”, calling the pastor to the chancery to address the situation, and taking steps that in the end broke up the so-called “pastoral team” of the lawful pastor, Lears, and activist Sean Collins. Today, St. Cronan is led by one pastor who is actually a Roman Catholic priest.
- He declared the excommunication of fake priestesses Rose Hudson and Elsie McGrath, as well as the pretend bishop who claimed to ordain them. Through his actions, the faithful of St. Louis were made well aware of the sham nature of these ladies’ “orders”.
- His Grace continued to take strong leadership in the matter of the St. Stanislaus schism. He declared the excommunication of Marek Bozek for simony and other canonical crimes and began the process of his degradation from the clerical state. He disciplined the canon lawyer for the Board of St. Stan’s, Thomas Doyle, OP, for abuse of ecclesiastical function in his representation of Board members Krauze and Rozanski, who themselves were declared excommunicated. Also in 2008, the Stanislaus excommunications were confirmed by the Vatican.
- The actions of Archbishop Burke ultimately led to a splintering of the Board in nearly equal parts, some favoring a continuation of schism and some favoring the ouster of Bozek and reconciliation with the Church. Though Bozek’s cronies dissolved the Board, several former members reconciled with the Church.
- He invited popular Catholic apologist Rosalind Moss to St. Louis to found a new religious order.
- He took concrete steps to foster liturgical restoration and beauty through his continued support of the Institute of Christ the King, the addition of several Archdiocesan parishes to celebrate the Traditional Mass, and by naming Fr. Samuel Weber, OSB to head the Institute for Sacred Music.
- He persuaded Aquinas Institute of Theology to rescind its invitation for Peter Phan to give a lecture in the Archdiocese.
- In May, he was named by the Holy Father as a member of the Pontifical Council for Legislative Texts, and also as a member of the Congregation for the Clergy.
- And of course, His Grace became Prefect of a Vatican Curial Dicastery in June.
Entrance procession with the infant king.
Schubert’s Mass in G Major with the Saint Francis de Sales choir and orchestra
Arrive early to ensure seating!
This is not related to the Lifeteen Mass itself, mind you. But I think this proves the fact of the general trajectory of liturigical heterodoxy leading to theological heterodoxy and schism. Statement of the Diocese of Phoenix issued yesterday:
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said Monday that the accelerant was poured at several locations around the church, including entrances.