And when you are simply waiting for an email in order to finish and go home, you wonder–what can I blog about?
Well, today is the Feast of St. Lawrence, one of the greatest saints of Holy Mother Church. He was grilled more painfully, and no doubt with a better, truly Catholic sense of humor. As you probably already know, when he had suffered being burned on a hot gridiron, he said something to the effect of, “You can turn me over now, I am done on this side.” Courageous and funny, two traits we could use in the days to come.
I was wondering if any of the alleged Garabandal visionaries were still alive (I think so) and how old they are. Why? Because these alleged Marian apparitions have not been yet approved or condemned by the Holy See, yet the visionaries claim that a great warning which would be experienced or seen by everyone on earth would occur prior to the death of a particular visionary. If you don’t know about Garabandal, you could certainly google it, but I want to advise you that as long as an apparition is not approved as worthy of belief by the Holy See, it should be taken with a grain of salt. The reason for my question about the visionaries is that they predict a great chastisement if the warning is unheeded, and due to the claim of happening in that person’s lifetime there certainly seems to be a shelf-life on the uncertainty.
And of course, there are the questions…
1. When will the next cardinalatial consistory be held?
2. Does the Holy Father think about Fatima before he goes to sleep at night?
3. Who is the Bishop in white?
4. Will Catholic schools price themselves out of existence?
5. Will my wife ever find our digital camera? Is it in our couch cushions?
6. Can I really believe it’s not butter?
7. What if the Spanish Armada had defeated the English fleet?
8. Is that Burroughs post still getting comments?
9. Is Dan Brown possessed, delusional, or just a gigantic bore?
10. If the cool guy tricked Potsie, Richie and Ralph Malph into giving him all their money before he skipped town, would that be a “Fonzie” scheme?
11. Does Russ Carnahan realize that he has no chance of reelection in 2010?*
*If the votes are accurately counted– which I sincerely doubt they will be.