Hello dear readers, just a short post while writing a longer post. You likely instinctively know this, but sometimes a few stories connect in the mind in a wonderful way.
First up, a leaked report out of Germany that blasts the covid scare as a giant false alarm. The link is to the LRC blog. Quote from the report:
The people who die from Corona are essentially those who would statistically die this year, because they have reached the end of their lives and their weakened bodies can no longer cope with any random everyday stress (including the approximately 150 viruses currently in circulation).
Worldwide, within a quarter of a year, there has been no more than 250,000 deaths from Covid-19, compared to 1.5 million deaths [25,100 in Germany] during the influenza wave 2017/18.
The danger is obviously no greater than that of many other viruses. There is no evidence that this was more than a false alarm.
So, think of this when you contemplate the destruction of the way of life and means of support for millions of people. Think of this when you think of being deprived of Mass and the sacraments for two months (or longer). Which leads to a second post arising out of the recent riots and murders. Again the same LRC blog:
A Layman” observed to me “as riots and mayhem ensue”:
When American churches collectively decided to close their doors, the gates of hell swung wide open.
Scott in Colorado agrees:
Our founders warned that once the gov’t stops fearing the people, it will become tyrannical. So instead of the church standing up to resist tyranny, thugs and looters are standing up, instilling fear in the government.
Yo, Parson: principles matter. A lot. You should have heeded the Lord’s command not to forsake assembling for worship; you should have honored His directives rather than those of politicians and bureaucrats. As always, the ramifications of disobeying Him extend much further than anyone suspects at the time. Millions of lives are now endangered, and our final few liberties may be as well—all because you bowed at the altar of public health rather than standing in the gap.
1. Lockdown, largely done in good faith at first, but on insufficient cause.
2. Church does not vigorously defend her rights, but meekly submits, sending the following signals, intentionally or unintentionally:
- Physical health more important than spiritual health.
- Mass isn’t that important.
- Government (even tyrannical government) has nothing to fear from Church.
- My pope and bishops won’t stand up for Christ, let alone me.
- The faithful are completely on their own.
3. People realize, in light of the length of the lockdown and relative numbers, that their way of life and their Churches were taken away from them based on nothing.
4. Collusion between Church and state in their oppression confirmed by Church’s actions and inactions in the face of riot, mayhem and murder.
This situation cannot be excoriated strongly enough.